Gas / Oil Boiler - No Heating
- Turn the power to your boiler off (there’s a switch on the side) for 15 seconds and restore power. Wait 10 minutes to see if the problem is corrected... Why? Because today’s heating and air conditioners have smart technology and basically are operated by a computer board. Sometimes the board will enter a standby state to protect the system or if there’s electrical interference that confuses the board. Cycling power will correct these standby modes, most of the time.
- Check the settings on your thermostat. Make sure the temperature control selector is set above the current room temperature, and the system switch is on the HEAT or AUTO position.
- Try to get the boiler to turn on by raising the thermostat to its highest temperature setting.
- Check the power disconnect switch by the boiler.
- Check the fuse/breaker at the electrical panel for the boiler.
- Check to make sure you have fuel oil or check to make sure the gas control valve to the boiler is open.
- Check the pilot light. (Electronic ignitions will not have a pilot light).
- If the problem persists, please call us.